Five Reasons To Consider Professional Pest Control Services.
Jan. 12, 2022, 4:25 p.m.
Most home and business owners may consider pest problems as a common problem. Easy enough to be eliminated quickly by over the counter pesticides and DIY pest control guides. But do you know the severe health and insurmountable property risks that are associated with common pests? Probably not. Consider the following pest risk facts.
Terrifying Health and Property Risks Associated with Common Pests
Rodents- Rodents are disease vectors that carry bacteria, rabies, and hantavirus in their bodies. An onslaught of rodents will contaminate food sources and leave trails of contamination on any surfaces they get in contact with. If not controlled, you will be losing your entire house to a fire soon as rodents often chew on electric cables and wires, resulting in electric shorts and fires.
Termites- Termites are evil little creatures’ hell-bent on causing serious structural damage, especially because they live on cellulose extracted from wooden structures. Home and business owners have reported insurmountable property damages amounting to billions of shillings every year due to termite infestations.
Bed Bugs- Bed bug droppings and shed off exoskeletons contaminate and pollute the air we breathe.
Dust mites- Dust mites are troublesome pests whose dander and fecal droppings are serious indoor allergens.
Cockroaches- Cockroaches carry allergens that can trigger asthma attacks, especially in young children. These allergens also irritate victims who have sensitive medical conditions.
Mosquitoes- Mosquitoes are disease carriers. They spread diseases like the West Nile and the Zika virus.
Spiders- Some types of spiders are venomous, and their bites have been known to result in serious health problems, and in fatal cases, they have caused the victim’s death.
Stinging Insects- Stinging insects send a huge number of victims to the emergency room every year.
Considering the above threats posed by pests, controlling pest infestations by yourself isn’t the best approach. The market today is full of DIY pest control products, and it is important to note that while these products do not give long-lasting pest control solutions, some have toxic fumes that can cause serious health risks to the user. To understand why professional pest control is the only effective solution to pest problems, let’s compare professional pest services versus DIY pest control.
Professional Pest Control Vs. DIY Pest Control: Which is the most effective?
DIY and Professional Pest Control all aim to control and eliminate insect pests from homes and businesses. Having that in mind, home and business owners often face a common dilemma in deciding the best pest control method to use. It is important to understand the nature of the two methods before making this crucial decision that will either leave your premises completely safe to live and work in or leave you exposed to life-threatening health and property risks.
DIY Pest Control
- Minor pest problems can efficiently be controlled by going the DIY way. A homeowner would need first-hand skills of proper pest inspection to determine the level of infestation they are dealing with. A small infestation level can quickly be eliminated without the need to call in the professionals.
- Improper identification of the infestation level can result in spending thousands of shillings buying products that will not eliminate the problem. Besides determining the infestation level accurately, you must know how each of the DIY products work and the correct application method.
- Quick DIY pest control products are not always the best choice if safety is a concern for you. To achieve a fast knock-down action, most DIY pest control products use toxins. But did you know that human DNA is closely similar to that of some pests? That being so, damage caused to pests nerves and neurons by such products will also likely occur to a certain level to your nerves and neurons.
- DIY pest control can take too much time, even days, to eliminate a problem that would have otherwise been eliminated within a few hours by a professional. When not eliminated fast, the pests’ damages and risks continue to grow worse by the minute.
- DIY pest control might sound like a convenient and inexpensive alternative to calling in a profession, but the improper application of the DIY products can make the pest problem even worse, complicated, and more expensive to eliminate.
Professional Pest Control Services
- Pest professionals provide the required expertise to inspect thoroughly and accurately identify the pest causing problems. There are many potential pest harboring and breeding areas in our homes and business. A trained controller will identify and expose these sources for long-term protection against pests.
- Upon properly identifying the problem, the professionals will provide you with the right and most efficient solution to the pest problem.
- Professional pest controllers don’t just treat and go. Tthey work to minimize the chances of future re-infestations. They don’t leave before advising you on the best tips of keeping pests away from your home.
- Pest control professionals are experts in the field and have undergone0020the necessary training to give you the best pest solutions that will rid your home of pests for good.
- Pest control professionals are highly experienced; they have seen it and done it before, and they know exactly what needs to be done to fix the problem effectively.
- Professional pest control is relatively cheap, as you will not need to buy too many chemicals. The controllers are up to date on the state regulations and the latest, safest chemicals to be applied.
You should not wait until the infestation grows vast to contact a pest controller. To have the problem eliminated at a relatively lower cost, you should call for professional help immediately you notice the first sign of an infestation.
Professional pest control should help with preventing pest infestations. Prevention is as important in ensuring your family, employees, and pets live in the healthiest, safest environment as proper treatment. Consider the following tips when selecting a professional pest controller:
Important Factors To Consider When Hiring a Pest Control Professional
- The professional must be able to effectively and efficiently control the pest problem.
- Select a professional that you can trust with the safety of your family, employees, and pets.
- The pest control company must be qualified and legally licensed to carry out the services.
- Get value for your money. Hire a professional company that guarantees effective services and is committed to helping you understand the following always before signing any contract:
- The pest problem
- The level of the infestation
- The type of treatment to be done.
- Choosing a pest professional is a health and safety decision. Hire a company whose commitment and services can be trusted. Rafiki Pest Control will work closely with you to prevent future infestations and give you maximum protection.
It is not a strange thing to have common household pests in your home. Maintaining high cleanliness levels does not exempt you home from pest threats as some can fly in through open spaces like windows.
We, therefore, encourage that you engage the services of a professional pest control company. They have all the needed equipment, the latest technology, and the most effective chemicals and methodologies. Not only will they rid your premises of pests fast, but they will also ensure the problem does not return.